Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Amazon Saves Me From Myself


Let me state my bias upfront… I am a rabid fan of Amazon.com. It began with my love for reading and being able to find any book affordably… then developed into an obsession with the Kindle – which allows me to pack a whole library into a slim volume on travels throughout the U.S., Asia and Europe. I became a loyal Prime customer a few years ago when I started ordering more and more gifts for friends' weddings and random things for me (like luggage or linens) – paying upfront for a year's worth of shipping throughout the lower 48 on Prime eligible products. My obsession turned into evangelism this year with the introduction of Amazon's "Subscribe and Save."

Subscriptions aren't just for magazines anymore. On Amazon, I subscribe to things I regularly deplete and find myself regularly running off to CVS buy in a panic… like my favorite brand of razors, deodorant, toothpaste, battery toothbrush refills… and even my shower loofahs. I also plan to add toilet paper, laundry detergent and anything too cumbersome to schlep home from the store (I don't have a car.) Instead, all of these items show up on my doorstep while I'm at work or off enjoying myself. In return for the automatic interval order every one, three or six months, Amazon gives me free shipping and a 15% discount off the list price. Not only does the service eliminate excess trips to the store, I also don't find myself heading out for a week-long trip without deodorant or extra razors.

Genius, huh?

1 comment:

seneeh said...

replica evening bags hermes fake y1s15k7j92 replica bags delhi replica bags aaa quality fake gucci f8s07g8o96 replica bags los angeles More hints y0a62v2w39 replica bags from china replica bags seoul